Love and Joy Cross Stitch Sampler Pattern
There is something so poignant about holiday crafting, to me. I honestly think it's the sweetest, most optimistic kind of making we do all year. It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to come from the heart. I hope this little sampler kit provides you with many (but not that many; it's just the right size) quiet hours of peaceful stitching this season. And I wish you all the love and joy in the world.
It is stitched on 28-count linen (that's 14 stitches per inch) with two-plies of DMC six-ply cotton embroidery floss.
Finished size of design area: 9.14"w x 5.79"h (36cm x 41cm); 128 stitches wide x 81 high on 28-count fabric
You will need:
- One 14" x 16" (36cm x 41cm) piece of 28-count Zweigart Cashel linen in Smokey Pearl
- (29) 24" (61cm) lengths of various colors of DMC 6-ply cotton embroidery floss
- Stitching instructions
- Illustrated stitch tutorial for special stitches
- Color cross-stitch chart with symbols
- One piece of chipboard for creating a floss organizer
- #24 tapestry needle(s) for cross stitch
- Embroidery scissors
- 4" (10cm) embroidery hoop
- Frame and framing supplies
To learn how to do counted cross stitch, please click here.
For help in organizing your embroidery floss for this kit, please click here.
For help with framing your finished piece yourself, please click here.
Please note: This pattern is available as a downloadable PDF pattern only. You will need Adobe Reader to view and print this pattern on your home computer.