Time of Flowers Cross Stitch Sampler Pattern
Here in the shady hollows of northwest Oregon, spring comes early. It makes a quiet entrance as it slowly turns what was muddy and brown into something luminous and green. The green woods become an enchanted place. I wanted to capture some of that magic here.
This piece is stitched on 32-count linen (that's 16 stitches per inch) with two-plies of DMC six-ply cotton embroidery floss.
Finished size of design area: 6"w x 8.5"h (15cm x 22cm); 101 stitches wide x 136 high on 32-count fabric
You will need:
- One 14" x 16" (36cm x 41cm) piece of 32-count evenweave linen from Hand Picked by Nora from Wichelt in Sea Lily
- (53) 24" (61cm) lengths of various colors of DMC 6-ply cotton embroidery floss
- Stitching instructions
- Illustrated stitch tutorial for special stitches
- Color cross-stitch chart with symbols
- One piece of chipboard for creating a floss organizer
- #24 tapestry needle(s) for cross stitch
- Embroidery scissors
- 4" (10cm) embroidery hoop
- Frame and framing supplies
To learn how to do counted cross stitch, please click here.
For help with framing your finished piece yourself, please click here.
Please note: This pattern is available as a downloadable PDF pattern only. You will need Adobe Reader to view and print this pattern on your home computer.